Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

47. Re: RAGE Trailer Sep 30, 2011, 20:39 Alamar

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 11:54:
Fletch wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 11:13:
Pirate XBOX360 and PS3 versions already in the ether. I await the developer/industry "Pirates are Killing Console Gaming" rants.
How many Steamworks titles have actually been cracked before release? From what I can tell it seems to be effective at preventing pre-release leaks, though seems to offer no challenge to crackers post-release. Afterall, it used to be that games were available pirated weeks before they were actually released, which meant even paying customers would often download it just to play it early.

Nowadays I typically see posts about the console version being pirated before the PC version, so the tables really have turned. And yet publishers still seem to whine more about PC piracy and make no mention of console piracy.

It's all about consistency... If all 360 games, and all ps3 games (separately, not as a group) use the same protection, then once it's cracked once, you're just running a utility to do the 'hard work'... Plus, I'm no expert on this, because I ignore the news most times, but I thought PS3 cracking took a long time... But once it was done, and the method disseminates, it's easy peasy (for those in the know).

PC game cracking used to vary quite a bit (home grown vs all the hated DRM schemes you can list).. Now that everything is on Steam, it should hold true the same as consoles, unless they're always changing their copy protection schemes...

-Alamar

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo