Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

3. Re: Wizardry Online Beta Next Month Sep 26, 2011, 22:37 Rockn-Roll

Wizardry was the first first person RPG that I played...back in 1988. Followed closely by Bard's Tale. I used my programming skills to develop an application that could exactly copy the data disk for Wizardry (it had some basic for of copyright protection) so that when it came time to level up I could do it several times and pick the best roll of stats. But, it backfired...my character was so powerful after a few levels that I was just swatting the baddies without any worries...however the best fun was actually in mapping the area and finding the secrets and such. Of course, some people think the best part about the game was the box graphics.

With all that said, I wouldn't want to play it again...there really wasn't any story there that I can remember except that you are the good guy and the bad guy keeps sending his minions at you as you go deeper into the dungeon. But, it is a good first RPG for anyone that wants to go solo before joining the madness that is MMO gaming.

Let's Rock!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo