Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

18. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Patch Sep 25, 2011, 16:34 theyarecomingforyou

Jerykk wrote on Sep 25, 2011, 15:42:
Eh? I thought it was pretty clear that this was an action game. The demo made it even more clear.
Have you even seen the media they've put out for this game?

Steam page:
Image 1, Image 2, Image 3, Image 4, Image 5

None of those give you any idea about the gameplay. Not one is an in-game screenshot. They're just designed to show off what the engine can achieve. And look at the launch trailer - that could just as easily be an in-game cinematic for Dawn Of War II. I have a keen interest in the franchise, I enjoyed the previous games and had been casually following Space Marine... and I had no idea what sort of game it was. You cannot ignore that this is a very different genre from the previous games, meaning they should take extra steps in the material that they release to make sure it is clear.

Relic / THQ aren't the only ones guilty of this, don't get me wrong. But compare the material put out by Bethesda for Skyrim, Metro: Last Light or Battlefield 3 - there is no confusion. THQ messed up.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo