Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

16. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Patch Sep 25, 2011, 12:31 theyarecomingforyou

I think Relic / THQ completely dropped the ball on this title. Just look at all the promotional screenshots and videos they put out. None of the screenshots give you any idea what type of game it is, which is a serious mistake as their previous games fall into the strategy genre. And the videos are even worse, with the majority focusing on cinematics using the in-game engine. It wasn't until I saw the video review on Gametrailers that I even knew what the game was about... and I bought their previous games and enjoyed them. The same was true with Dawn Of War II during the build-up to release - they showed lots of close-ups using the in-game engine but didn't release screenshots in normal gameplay.

Developers / publishers need to release promotional material that actually relates to the game. I mean, you only have to look at Dead Island to see the problems with releasing a trailer that doesn't relate to the game.

I like it when companies release developer diaries, as these give you a good impression of how the game will play. That's why I liked the coverage of Skyrim and Metro: Last Light. Whereas I think id Software really dropped the ball with RAGE - they focused too much on videos of racing and very few, until recently, of the FPS mechanics. I mean, how many times did you see in interviews that they had to state it was actually a FPS game? Too many. But when I saw the camera footage from Japan on Gametrailers it gave me a completely different impression of the game... and a much better one, at that.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo