Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

49. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch, Pricing Details Sep 25, 2011, 04:52 Jonny

Sempai wrote on Sep 25, 2011, 00:21:
Jonny wrote on Sep 24, 2011, 19:49:
I'm happy to see a release date, but one working day before Christmas? How is that not an utterly retarded time to release a new MMO? It doesn't exactly give them much leeway. If something unexpected crops up as often happens with MMO launches, then either their staff will have to work over Christmas or everyone will be screwed until the middle of the week after.

While I agree with you 100% on the release, how is Tuesday one working day from Christmas which is on Sunday of that week?

Am I missing something?

I'm English mate, 22nd for me. Which gives them Friday as the only full day to sort out any mishaps before the Christmas weekend starts. Any that start a day or two after launch in the EU will be a special sort of trouble for someone. Add in the expectation of a really bad winter in the British Isles and you've got a situation which goes from "works fine" if they're lucky to "total clusterfuck" if they're not without any wiggle room.

It's not what I would have expected given the problems firms have had releasing things around Thanksgiving and other times when their staff are off en-masse.

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 2011, 04:59.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo