Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

29. Re: Origin Adds Anti-Lawsuit Language to TOS Sep 24, 2011, 01:59 Rockn-Roll

"or to participate in a class action"

I think this proves more than anything that they intend to screw every participant in their service one way or another. They most likely won't pick on any one group, but most likely do something across the board like raise fees by a large amount after they have enough "client" who have committed to enough "license" agreements to download and play games through their service. That would definitely keep their costs down and increase their profits...so instead of maintaining an expensive infrastructure like what they have already committed to just for us gamers that only purchase one or two games a year they can cater to just the wealthy who purchase like 10 games a year and don't care about the price.

Boycott them while you have the right to do so.

Think of it this way...EA is inviting you into their dark secret area so you can give them your money, but you have to wear a blindfold and arms tied behind your back and shackles and wear nancy pants.

OK...nancy pants was my idea, but you get the point...don't do it if you value your freedom. In the USA at least 200 years ago people were willing to die for their freedoms...today it looks like some people might be willing to give it up for a game.

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2011, 03:37.

Let's Rock!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo