Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

41. Re: On Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC and Boss Battles Sep 23, 2011, 23:27 Jerykk

And anyone that wanted to learn more about the story would want to hack every computer and open ever storage cabinet, which completely through off the pacing.

Except it was all optional. If you didn't want to slow down and read that stuff, you didn't have to. Aside from that, I'm not really sure how else the player could learn backstory. Personally, I loved reading all those e-mails, PDAs, magazines, etc. In fact, I read pretty much every piece of text in the game. I'd much rather do that and learn the backstory pro-actively, rather than just sit there and be spoon-fed it through mandatory cutscenes or dialogue. And no, having audio diaries randomly strewn about the levels is not a good alternative either.

Developers that rely on temp hired game testers obviously don't care about the final product. If they really cared then they would hire at least one of us gamers for a decent wage and get an experienced and honest opinion...if they game sucked then we would tell them and help them build a game that would be fun.

I think you're mistaking a QA tester with a playtester. A QA tester's job is to find bugs, report them and regress the fixes. A playtester's job is to play a game and provide feedback. In fact, calling it a job is something of a stretch, as it's usually a one-time deal that only lasts a few days. A lot of playtesters are friends or family of the devs themselves or volunteers chosen from the press.

It would come as no surprise to me that QA testers didn't find the boss fights frustrating, given that they played through the game countless times. After a while, it becomes so routine that they don't even think about it as a game. On the other hand, I do find it surprising that playtesters didn't have any frustration. Maybe they were using saves with high-level or heavily-armed builds.

This comment was edited on Sep 23, 2011, 23:35.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo