Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

46. Re: Op Ed Sep 23, 2011, 10:15 BurntSoul

Beamer wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 18:50:
Know what never works with FP? Randomly generated content. It works in Diablo because you're so removed from the landscape that you don't notice how sparse and repetitive it is. Zoom down to eye level and you will.

I think that back in the 90's/early 2000's you'd get that kind of sparse and/or repetitive content. I remember Soldier of Fortune 2 had the option for random multiplayer levels. It was almost there (the experiment worked), but the tech wasn't ready. I think that nowadays developers could certainly figure out a way to make better use of tileset transitions and add random environmental things like stalagmites, flora/fauna, rocks, use of water and weather in a random way that will be more interesting and immersive.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo