Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

12. Re: Crytek Developing Homefront Sequel Sep 20, 2011, 11:48 Respen

Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Sep 20, 2011, 11:25:

Massive did a pretty awesome job with World in Conflict despite being Swedish. Patriotism and general human behavior have a lot of common undercurrents no matter where you're from. I would also argue that competence and creativity go a longer ways to making an authentic product than being a native.

Anyway, I enjoyed Homefront except for the shorter-than-COD length campaign. Crysis 2 was the longest FPS I've played in awhile, I'll be happy if they pick up where KAOS left off and make a longer campaign with larger areas.

The game itself here has a patriotic theme, the fact that it's based in the US and it's titled "Homefront" say's it pretty clearly. They flash all kinds of American propaganda and really try to hit home that this is happening on US soil. Competence isn't even a huge issue for me, I respect Crytek to a degree... though I do feel a US studio might possibly do a better job of portraying the US; If they aren't skilled though it's a waste of everyone's time.. I understand that.

To me this is just feels like buying a 4th of july Americana T-shirt... looking at the tag and seeing that it's made in Indonesia. (as 90% of them are!). This is more than just a subtle undercurrent to me. I get that it happens, I just don't like the idea of outsourcing national pride along with everything else. If it's good... I may buy it, don't get me wrong, but I don't like this decision for this game. Now if they decide to base it in Germany, my whole point is moot

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo