Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2011, 06:33 Rockn-Roll

Are you guys serious about the toilet paper rolls? I mean...it's something that my grandmother did and I think my parents did. And, I place the same opinion on it now as I did then.

Look...businesses which make money wrapping up cords use twist ties...I'm sure if rolls were better they would use rolls so that their product looks better than the competition. What is wrong with using the twist ties? Twist ties are very economical and look good and they come with the cords. Trust me...those toilet paper rolls degrade after awhile and start looking ragged and ugly. Plus, it's almost impossible to remove all the tissue from them, so most of the rolls will be disgusting. And also if the toilet paper used perfume then your cords will also smell like that. Additionally, they sit very close to the toilet and are made of cardboard which is an absorbent material so some of the fumes, odors, and bacteria will get trapped in the cardboard. If you want to do something constructive with the cardboard roll then recycle it along with all the other cardboard and paper.

When I buy something I put all the twist ties into a container...I currently am using one of those chow mien noodle cans, but any container about that size works. When I need to wrap a cord up I just choose one from the container that fits. Really...most of these "life tips" are ridiculous and designed to get people to do stupid things because they haven't figured out how to do something themselves or never had parents that showed them the proper way to do something.

Heck, I can give out lots of genius ways to do things. Let's see...something that everyone has to do, but nobody really likes doing is laundry right? Well...usually people buy a clothes hamper or laundry basket to put their dirties in. Why? When there is a perfectly good space under the bed? Yeah...I'm joking. Another idea would be to use one of the drawers in the dresser to put the dirty clothes in. Again...I'm kidding. Or heck, just throw the dirties into the washer...they will wind up there anyway...then when it's almost full you can just add some soap and start the machine...no longer any need to lug hampers or laundry baskets full of dirties. Heck, closets are where the laundry machines should go anyway so that when you pull the clothes out of the dryer you can fold and hang them up right away.

What do I do? I buy two laundry baskets...one has clean stuff and the other has dirties...it wouldn't be very hygienic to throw clean clothes into the same basket you kept dirties in for a week or two would it? But, I would guess that 80% of the people in the world who use laundry baskets just use the same one for both clean and dirty clothes. They never think anything about it because they never notice the baskets getting dirty...duh...the clean clothes keep wiping the dirt off!

But, I would guess that someone will suggest something and everyone will wonder why they never thought of that before. I guess this kind of proves that the power of suggestion is very strong and overrides the sensibilities of even the sanest persons.

Let's Rock!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo