Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

33. Re: DICE: PC is Battlefield 3 Sep 14, 2011, 03:33 Krovven

Zardoz5 wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 02:39:
but I'm against the idea of them moving core functionality from the game to a browser.

Considering every in-game browser Dice has ever done has sucked, has been slow and unresponsive, not to mention the slow loading times...why would it matter if they moved it to a browser, while succeeding both in providing a better server browser and faster load times?

How long will it be until ads start cropping up in Battlelog, a few months after release?

How about during Alpha test? If you are going to attempt to rip on something at least know what the fuck you are talking about. It's an EA game, In-game ads have been the norm for about 5 years now.

but I shouldn't have to have shitty Firefox or IE open to play a game.

Then use a different browser if you feel they are both shitty. My browser is open pretty much 100% of the time anyways, whether I'm playing or not even at my comp.
If you have a gaming PC, it can handle 150mb in memory and what little cpu usage it might use while idle. This isn't 1995 anymore.

Also how frequently are DICE going to keep up with Firefox, etc updates? What about surprise Microsoft updates that break its compatibility?

What? Someone needs a smack upside the head. Again, if you are gonna bitch about something, know what the fuck you are talking about.

To me DICE yanking out the server browser benefits them a hell of alot more than it benefits us, the user/paying customer. I'm surprised that so many people are just drinking the cool-aid and not thinking about the long term ramifications of this.

Really? What long term ramifications? Go on, tell us.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo