Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

49. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 12, 2011, 20:32 yonder

Beamer wrote on Sep 12, 2011, 10:39:
It's not "most," and "most" people that sell used games use the revenues from the sale to buy other used games. You don't have many people selling their used games for new games. Yeah, there are some that need to sell the game they preordered last week to fund their next preorder, but most realize how little value they get from that, plus GameStop will push them to get more used games.

So you save 10% off the purchase price (sometimes as little as $1.99) and you get another 20% off the sell-price. That makes a $20 game $14-$16, all into GameStop's pocket.

Way to paint an idiotic black-and-white picture of the used game market. Yes, GS is the #1 place to do it, but that's because it's virtually the *ONLY* videogame store. I highly doubt that the majority of used games are sold via GS. I've never turned anything into GS, and I've only bought 3 games from them (2 DS, 1 360). The vast majority of used games sales are done online or in-person (hey, you have such-n-such? I'll give you 10 bucks for it if you're done with it!) or in yard sales, etc, etc. And thats the best way to do it. I respect GS-hate, I just don't respect pretending that "most" gamers do it this way (then again, people are idiots... so you might be right... I still doubt it).

Either way, the industry war against used game sales is offensive (I'm okay with Project $10, just for the record). Have these people never been to a library or a used book store?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo