Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2011, 10:11 kanniballl

Yeh, it was a messed up day 10 years ago. It was the scariest couple of hours in my life since I couldn't reach my mom... who worked a couple of floors above where the first plane hit. I think we didn't find out until 11AM or Noon whether she was OK.

I count my blessings that she made it, but it's not going to be a day I'm going to forget any time soon.

Honestly, had she made it to work 1 minute earlier the day would've turned out a lot worse for us. She was 1st or 2nd in line for the elevator when it came crashing down. So she would have either been in a free falling elevator or in the office where nobody in her group made it.

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 2011, 10:32.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo