Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

19. Re: Modding Dead Island FOV, FPS, Blur, and More Sep 10, 2011, 19:11 necrosis

PHJF wrote on Sep 10, 2011, 18:00:
Level 46 after many many straight hours.

The game has terrible New Game + support. After completing the campaign, you are dumped at the beginning again with xp/equipment, which would be fine, except the game doesn't differentiate between New Game + players and everybody else. If I join a coop game it'll saddle me with somebody thirty levels beneath me. Nowhere does it tell me the level of other players. This wouldn't be TOO great a problem except that when I kill an enemy or loot a box, the loot is scaled to MY LEVEL, not the other player(s). So the level 20 enemy I kill with my level 46 character drops a level 46 weapon... which in no way helps the level 20 player whose game I ended up in.
Wow now that is awesome.

As for those talking about the VAC ban issues welcome to the future of gaming. If you want more examples: http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/10/starcraft-ban/

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo