Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

1. Re: DC Universe Online Green Lantern Add-on Live Sep 8, 2011, 09:12 kanniballl

Yeh, I played it a little last night.

It's quite nice, particularly since GL is one of my favorite comic heroes. BUT it's not enough to bring me back to the game.

Actually, it's somewhat disappointing. THIS is the powerset I wanted to play at release... or just plain old energy emission, and it came out 9 months later after I'd already stopped playing. I might return to the game sometime in the future since I was stupid enough for a lifetime subscription, but right now I have too many other games keeping my full attention.

And before you mock me for the lifetime sub, I'd only ever done that once before (with Champions Online) and got my money's worth there. So I figured it was be solid here as well (and gambled poorly). At the time the "Legends" pricing was just going to be short-term, and I figured the break-even would be 1-1.5 years... but then the game sucked AND they more-or-less made Legends pricing permanent.

So it was stupid, but wasn't stupid-stupid.

Really, the game HAD potential but SOE dropped the ball. Releasing with so little content is one thing, but then lagging on the updates AND getting bent over by hackers really hurt them. And if they were smart they would've had the GL powerset added during the movie's release.

Honestly, the couple of weeks of downtime due to hackers combined with lack of content and lack of updates killed it for me. 1 would've been alright, maybe 2, but all 3 really just killed it.

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 2011, 10:11.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo