Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

85. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island; Patch Coming; Steam has an Xbox Build? Sep 7, 2011, 20:55 Krovven

Acleacius wrote on Sep 6, 2011, 23:17:
Are there really no guns or ammo near the beginning? I can understand low ammo supplies but no guns sort of sucks.

NPC named Omar gave me a Revolver (can't use until level 10, I was 9 at the time) as a quest reward. However, I think the rewards (just like loot drops) is random.

I'm just glad rare loot drops aren't 'that' rare. In 4 or so hours last night of starting over and getting to level 9, I saw 1 orange drop, 1 purple, and several green drops. Not to mention the several Blues and Purples I saw on vendors.

And as I suspected, the weapons durability becomes much less of a factor as you progress in the game, especially when you have a weapon that will 1 hit kill most targets. I also use Kick alot to disorient or knock down zombies then smash their head in or just cut it off altogether.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo