Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

75. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island; Patch Coming; Steam has an Xbox Build? Sep 6, 2011, 20:26 nin

Acleacius wrote on Sep 6, 2011, 20:19:
nin wrote on Sep 6, 2011, 19:52:
Think I'm done with the game until they fix it a bit more. Seems like the longer you play, to slower the game runs.

Also not a fan of weapon degradation and checkpoint saves.
Damn, hope there is a mod/hack to make normal saves and slower degradation.

I heard there is respawning also. Hate when developers do this without some plausible explanation. Obviously this game couldn't explain it. Unless of course there are new ships docking every time you leave a zone, with a new shipment. Sigh

You can put points into slowing weapon degradation (up to 30%, I think?) but it's still annoying. (edit:and that's after you get far enough down in the tree to use them)

And yeah, there are respawns. I'll do a quest, and on the way back, there's suddenly new zombies.

Also don't like the inventory system, and how, when you pick up a new weapon, one of your old one seems to disappear into the ether. I could see it dropping on the ground, but they literally just disappear from the world. As an example, I see some booze. I pick it up, only for some reason, it takes a weapon slot, and eats one of my weapons. WTH? Maybe I can shank someone with the glass? Nope. One swig and the bottle is now gone too, and I only have one weapon now instead of two.

So yeah, not a good first day at all. I would advise anyone on the fence to hold onto your money. This might turn around, but I'm becoming very skeptical.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo