Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

38. Re: Crytek Refutes Working Conditions Accusations Sep 5, 2011, 20:17 kanniballl

Beamer wrote on Sep 5, 2011, 20:01:
Have you guys actually worked in other countries?
Yes, there are rules about certain workers, but anywhere I've been abroad has longer work days than we do. Hell, my company is based out of Italy, and the employees in that office do 10-12 hour days every single day. They put in much longer hours than those of us in the states.

My friends in a Swiss company (company to remain nameless) work an extra 0.5 hours a day (30 min), so 9 hours (8hr + 1hr lunch).

All full-time employees at said European company ALSO have a guarantee of that work-day... if they work even a minute over they're allowed to bank it. They can either leave early on a given day, or bank them to make vacations out of them. Done via signing in/out with a card. Granted this might be company-specific.

The starting vacation-time given to new employees is also 5 weeks. 5 flippin' weeks.

Meanwhile I work a lot of OT without any extra pay... but I get a straight salary. I'm not complaining, I like my job and compensation. I'm just saying... not all European companies are cut from the same cloth.

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 2011, 20:26.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo