Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

42. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Sep 4, 2011, 11:46 theyarecomingforyou

Jerykk wrote on Sep 4, 2011, 07:21:
Don't be mistaken, I think DX:HR is a great game and well worth buying. I just wish you could turn off the radar or at least that they hadn't made it so omniscient.
Does the difficult setting have any effect? I know on Normal that the Radar augment is active but is it the same for Hard? If so you could just not unlock the radar aug. If not then it seems like a sensible thing for the developers to have included and is still a possible for a patch if demand is there.

As for third person... I agree. The cover system is useful but only because it is so overpowered. And the radar eliminates any guesswork and makes the see-through-walls aug completely unnecessary. They could have implemented a first-person cover system and there was no need for ladder climbing or the typhoon aug to be third person. Then again, the boss fights were terrible as well. I can't help feel they should have saved third-person for lower difficulties and made the radar a higher level unlock.

Still, great game... just not as open ended as they portrayed. And the open world city hubs could have given you more to do, as I remember playing Oblivion and being amazed at all the random, hidden-away quests that you stumbled upon.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo