Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

56. Re: Valve Games on Origin Sep 4, 2011, 11:38 theyarecomingforyou

Dades wrote on Sep 4, 2011, 11:30:
The publishers wouldn't deal with Steam until it had DRM in the first place. How often do you see DRM free copies of modern titles on other storefronts? Almost never.
Indeed. But what I'd like to see is Valve drop the online check when launching games, as that often takes over 5 seconds and does virtually nothing to deter piracy. I'd also like to see them offer game "versions", whereby you can roll back to a previous patch or the base game for if you have issues - their forced update policy can be annoying, particularly for those with problems with the connection speed or wanting to delay an update (sometimes I have to wait 30m for a game to download an update on launch when auto-updates go wrong).

What I'd like to see is Origin being PRO consumer, offering a better service than Valve. For instance, they could drop DRM altogether. They could give you extras. They could let you download a game AND as an optional pay-for-extra mail you out discs / artwork / manuals. They could offer cheaper prices. In order for Steam to change it needs healthy competition and Origin just isn't it.

PS - Does anyone know how Green Man Gaming works? It offers many titles on Steam but for less than the store price. For instance, FEAR 3 is 5 cheaper than on Steam but still uses Steam.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo