Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

9. Re: On EVE Online and Dust 514 Sep 3, 2011, 21:03 bhcompy

Jonny wrote on Sep 3, 2011, 19:23:
As far as I understand the reasoning, they reckon that Eve players already play Eve so they've got a chunk of the PC market sewn up. Whereas they've got none of the console market so making it PS3 exclusive breaks them nicely into that. Essentially also that they fear a PC release would cannibalise Eve players away from their subscriptions.

Seems to be a ridiculous position to me. I've heard over and over again people who like the idea of Eve but find it's mechanics dry and it's slow burning nature frustrating. I'd be willing to bet there'd not only be every current Eve player buying a copy on the PC, but a ready made market of those who want in to the universe without the spreadsheets.

This is their reasoning.

I also expect it to move to PC eventually after the PS3 goes by the wayside, unless they move it to PS4 of course.

That said, MAG has a semi-persistent universe and does okay. There are MMOs on PS3(and was one or two on PS2 as well).

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo