Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

10. Re: removed Sep 3, 2011, 00:17 kanniballl

JohnBirshire wrote on Sep 3, 2011, 00:00:
The original was one of my favorite games of all time, never played the second due to mediocre reviews, unfortunately threw in the towel after playing the third for a single evening. The cover system drove me insane, it kept taking me out of the game emotionally and immersively everytime I switched from first to third person. Ahh well, gamestop gave me a $50 gift card for free after buying the PC version from them.

You could always *not* use the cover system, just like I chose not to use any heavy weaponry.

Crouching against couch in first-person mode or whatever give you the same hiding bonus as cover. Unlike Gears of War, cover isn't necessary.

But everyone has their own tastes and every game is going to appeal to some more than others. Obviously DX:HR caters to some people more than others.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo