Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

34. Re: Why Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a Prequel Sep 1, 2011, 19:47 Ray Marden

The police have been dumping their files in the sewers. There is a breakable wall that has pocket secretary with 15+ passwords.

Fantastic game, though. I have 36 hours played and I am probably down to the last 5 hours at this point.

The game definitely favors stealth and hacking. For weapons, I've really only used the stun gun, but the two-person takedown is my most used offensive ability. During the boss battles, I stun/EMP the NPC and just run up and unload a clip of my heavily upgraded assault rifle into their heads and I never have to do that more than twice. I never use it, but the fully upgraded Typhoon seems fairly devastating as well.

I have the full inventory, but the heavy weapons are pointless - from the stealth takedowns to the massie inventory requirements, I just drop them off in my apartment and never touch them again. I really wish the energy system worked differently, too; I just keep using that single unit and waiting for it to recharge.

I wish the levels were bigger, but this is out on the consoles and, sadly, they are still bigger than certain shooters I have played. More than anything, I appreciate the variety in the levels and the use of vertical space. I can actually take that elevator or go to the top of that multi-level building without having to load a new level. They could be bigger, but the reusing of levels (which I realize is a time/investment concession) is a bigger downer.

Having said all this, it's one of the best games I have played in a very long time. My 36 hours speak for themselves and it is a game that I enjoyed to such an extent that I basically stopped playing anything/everything else (a big thing for me given how frequently I get bored with releases.) Stealth, pacifist, killer - the game gives you so many options on how to play it.
It made me stop playing WoW to focus on it. <3
Having a nearly completely augmented character,
Ray

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2011, 20:19.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo