Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

9. Re: Dungeon Siege III: Treasures of the Sun DLC Next Month Sep 1, 2011, 16:16 PropheT

WaltC wrote on Sep 1, 2011, 15:47:
I downloaded the DSIII demo--and found it to be lackluster in the extreme. What the hell was wrong with the story and characters and world introduced so successfully in DS? It just boggles the mind how a developer could get so many things right with a game (DS) and then blow it for the life of the franchise (DS2&3.) I mean, just look at the crap they list above as an improvement: "More monsters/More items"--as if DS3 players were nothing more than click-fest idiots. How about *more story*!??? Sheesh, what a waste.

The world in DS3 is the same as the one in the first game, it's set years in the future. There really were no characters in the first game, other than the farmer, so I can't see how what they did here wasn't an improvement on that. They took the meager story from the original game and fleshed it out and built a world around it in DS3.

There's a lot of story in this game, way more than other series in the same genre. The full game plays more like an RPG with DS combat, the same as the 2nd game in the series did, only DS3 has more character interaction in it.

Whether the story is good or the game is good or not isn't for me to say, but it did everything you're ranting about it not doing.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo