Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

31. Re: Stephen Merchant Not Eager to Reprise Portal 2 Experience Aug 31, 2011, 08:16 Grumpy Sod

To repeat again, since everyone seems to be following a herd and not reading the words for themselves, he said 'tiring' and 'daunting'. Now while daunting is pretty relative, and I suspect he'd crap himself at the sight of code and being told to write more, he isn't saying it was a difficult job. He's saying it was tiring and he wouldn't want to do it again.

Not to mention, as someone else pointed out, this is like when people go "fuck yeah! game testing!" and then find it's tedious repetition on a micro level. It's not even like his acting would have prepared him for doing retakes on a line by line basis. I for one, while mentally taxed by my programming work, wouldn't ever consider a voice acting job as easier, because it's not what I'm good at. Especially if I then found out I was knackered at the end of every day and hadn't actually had any kind of fun from it.

Acting is his profession, and the voice work isn't something he enjoyed. He never once said "This is the hardest job on the planet", he just said he didn't fancy it again because it was tiring.

For a high density of programmers and developers, people here sure suck at actually checking over content.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo