Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

30. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Adding Testers Friday Aug 29, 2011, 22:44 Veterator

It's in beta, so it's going to lag and be buggy. I don't think it's going to be released until December or late November. It's pretty typical for all MMOs at this point to be pretty laggy while they debug and stress the servers. And lots of unfinished/bugged content throughout the levels.

So......lag, yes. Buggy, yes. Can answer that without even playing.

As for content.....I think the NDA would block any discussion of that beyond generalities.

Shooting to be like WoW is the goal for third rate MMO developers, first rate guys should be coming up with new stuff. Especially to improve upon combat because you spend a lot of time dealing with combat MMOs, long after the story is done and you're waiting on expansions.

Sempai wrote on Aug 29, 2011, 21:22:
Riker wrote on Aug 29, 2011, 18:24:
I've been very hard on this game since the beginning. I loved the Knights of the Old Republic Games, and BioWare has always been a sure thing. I really wanted this game to kick ass.

But it's just as shitty as it's always presented itself to be. I've spent time in the beta. It really is WoW with Star Wars painted over it. It's shocking to me that BioWare apparently caved to Lucas, or is risk-adverse to due to the cost of making an MMO, or both, but I can offer no other explanation.

Garbage. What an utter disgrace, BioWare.

It's gameplay is just like WoW, arguably the finest and most successful mmo on the market..ever, and it's shit?

Ok so it's shit, but besides you wanting something entirely new and different, and better than WoW, how exactly is it shit? Is it unresponsive? Is it buggy? Is it stiff and wooden or are the stories/quests terribly written? Could you go into anymore details on why you think it's a disgrace?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo