Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

28. Re: First Skyrim DLCs Timed Xbox 360 Exclusives Aug 26, 2011, 15:07 jsmith

Releasing DLCs instead of expansion packs is one thing, but announcing multiple DLCs a quarter of a year before the game is shipped is something entirely different. You know they have been brokering this deal with Microsoft for awhile now, maybe even over the past couple of months. So there has been more than enough time to include this content into the game itself.

It is one thing to churn out quick DLC content post release of a game, but it is sickening to see companies not even attempt to hide the fact they are excluding content months in advance just to make some extra cash at the consumer's expense.

And for those of you who would defend Bethesda with the 'the game is already done, they are just working on polish and DLC at this point', that is utter BS. We know Bethesda. They require years of post release time just to bug fix their engines. And for something as grand of a game as Skyrim is supposed to be, they certainly could use every single developer in their studio squashing bugs instead of trying to churn out multiple zero day DLC for the game. It is nothing more than pure greed and this is something I would expect from Activision, EA, or Ubisoft, but I was really hoping Bethesda wouldn't join their ranks.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo