Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

20. Re: First Skyrim DLCs Timed Xbox 360 Exclusives Aug 26, 2011, 12:40 Alamar

Tumbler wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 11:10:
Sigh.

Would people stop spending money on DLC please? This is becoming extremely annoying to see companies hack up their game to try and sell bits and pieces to you after launch.

This is one way to look at it, and hard to argue against in the cases of pre-release-announced (and 0 day) DLC...

But DLC is just another word for 'expansion', except that it's smaller... Irregardless of that, when you played an awesome game 5, 10, 20 years ago, and just wanted MORE MORE MORE, wouldn't it have been cool if another official chapter/map/etc was made available for 'just a few bucks'...

In short, like anything, a blanket statement/judgement about DLC is far from adequate... Some companies do it well (Borderlands, for me), and others don't (Dragon age II and others' 0 day DLC)... Award one, and punish the other.

Also consider that 'DLC' is why we can even have free games (like one I hope to release 'soon' on iOS), where the player can choose to never pay, or buy some in-app goodies (aka microtransactions/DLC/etc). And I know you like free; But then, you can complain that you can't be competitive without paying, and I find that hard to have a problem with when it's free : )

-Alamar

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo