Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

39. Re: Steam From Dust Refunds Aug 24, 2011, 15:44 Verno

Darks wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 15:39:

Iím not buttheurt, Iím just saying that until thereís an actual crack for the game. Then itís designated uncrackable. Whether they are trying to crack it or wanting to is no different. Itís still a game thatís sitting there uncracked. So explain to me the difference? All Iím pointing out is that Ubi can use this to gage their reasoning into their DRM success even though we all disagree with their doing it.

First off, you said unbreakable, not "uncrackable". Second just because it's currently uncracked doesn't mean it cannot be cracked. If you can't understand the fundamental difference between those two concepts I don't know what more to say to you. If Ubisoft wants to look at HAWX2 as a DRM success then who cares? They will release a game people care about with the same DRM and it'll be cracked anyway.

There are few methods of protection that are truly unbreakable and most involve removing product ownership in a literal sense and delivering the product(usually via stream) to your customer. I mean, the whole industry excuse about DRM for the past two years has been preventing zero day piracy so even the industry assumes that things will be cracked and that it's a matter of time.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo