Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

29. Re: From Dust DRM Dust Up - Refunds Offered? [Updated] Aug 19, 2011, 09:21 Dev

webname wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 04:22:
And whats the deal with steam users, surely they cant care steam is precisely the same disease , gotta go online suck down updates (open wide we are gonna drain your cap ) or play on lan it requires the net as well. Seems rather ironic to me ??
You CAN play offline with most steam games (can't really do it with most multiplayer modes, but since you are online when doing multiplayer its kinda a moot point). You can also set games to never update if you don't want it to use your cap. Then if you need a particular game to update, change the setting on it to update again.

As for LAN, it depends on the game. For instance with Terarria on LAN, I do NOT have to go online on steam to play it on my LAN.

Dirwulf wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 22:39:
I bought the game on Xbox before all this went down. Its too bad they fucked up the PC version, because its a pretty good game. Its not really made for a controller though. I would have loved to have seen it on PC. Maybe in 6 months when they remove the DRM and its on a Steam sale for $5.
Wishful thinking. Still hasn't happened with settlers 7, and I think thats going over a year now?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo