Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

19. Re: Carbine's Sci-Fi MMOG WildStar Announced Aug 17, 2011, 19:11 Stormsinger

kanniballl wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 11:09:
-EDIT-

Just watched part of the trailer instead of relying on the pic

OK, it's more sci-fi than I thought. But if you're going to distinguish yourself from the fantasy MMO's by going the sci-fi route, I suggest emphasizing the differences more. Instead of rocky terrain and simple analogs for sorceress and barbarian/troll, maybe something that looks more space-y.

Like a abandoned futuristic city with metal, and the heroes not wearing what might as well be WoW clothes with the occasional LED.

But that's just my opinion: why bother going the sci-fi route to be different, if so much of it's going to be the same.

It's not science fiction. It's space-opera. Big difference.

Space-opera really is just fantasy set in space. So naturally you get what you see here...same old same old, with a new background image.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo