Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

51. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Q&A Aug 17, 2011, 01:53 J

Jerykk wrote on Aug 16, 2011, 23:23:
Actually, I don't think the energy requirement really helps make it less overpowered. Your first energy cell automatically regenerates so it doesn't make stealth harder, it just makes it slower.

The other batteries, however, do not automatically regenerate. And if you do not have the faster recharge aug then it does take a long time to fill back up again. In this time you are unable to melee and it makes it harder to cloak/stealth and get away again.

In addition, the game world pauses during the takedown cinematics so there's literally no chance of you being seen or attacked during a takedown.

I've been spotted performing melee attacks due to the animation. That would contradict "literally no chance". I have also been subsequently shot at. Maybe we're playing a different version of the game?

On top of that. the takedowns can be triggered from like 8 feet away,

Maybe four feet? Did you get the Mr Fantastic aug?

your crouched (and completely silent) movement speed is faster than the NPC patrol speed,

Just like the original Deus Ex. (And I believe you make footstep sounds in HR whilst crouching and moving quickly, unlike DX)

NPCs have a 90 degree vision cone with almost no vertical range, the third-person cover system lets you watch enemies without them having any chance to see you

They can still spot you if they walk past. If you're very stealthy then, well yeah, they don't know you're there.

and the radar detects all enemies (and their facing direction) within range regardless of line of sight or sound.

This point I agree with. Part of me hopes that, as it's an aug, it may be optional in the final game. It is possible to ignore it being there, but yeah, that is something that nags me.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo