Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

37. Re: RAGE Using Steamworks Aug 14, 2011, 05:25 ^Drag0n^

Ah I see. So the studio that has given us unrivaled freedom of access to it's engine(s) and authoring tools, draws employees from the mod community, released no fewer than 3 of the most influential titles in the last decade, and provides an organized community with a marketplace that allows you to use their products regardless of whether or not you have connection to the Internet is bad for the PC? I have news for you, friend...had Valve not been around, you'd be lapping up the scraps of gaming meat EA and Activation gave you from the stick controller of a 360 or PS3. How soon we forget just how much EA and Activision wanted the PC dead. Now, thanks to transaction and business models that Valve pioneered, that just won't happen.

Your assertion that "Valve is bad for the PC, and we'd be better off had they never existed," makes as much sense as saying shooters would have been better if John Carmack chose to drive busses rather than programming 3D engines.

Is it perfect? no. But it sure isn't the foul pile of offal you make it out to be either.

IMO.

^D^

This comment was edited on Aug 14, 2011, 05:34.

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo