Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

8. Re: BF3 & Origin Accounts Linked Aug 13, 2011, 17:33 necrosis

DangerDog wrote on Aug 13, 2011, 17:15:
Bhruic wrote on Aug 13, 2011, 17:04:

Yea I never want my ingame name to be the same as my logon.

You use your email address to login to Origin, so that's a moot point.

I think you're missing the point, many people used their real name when creating their EA account (which is what Origin uses). People get all online stalkerish and so that's why it's a bad idea to have your EA account the same as your in game name.

Yes you can go create a new EA account with a new email address but you'll miss out on perks for being a long time consumer of Battlefield games - they haven't mentioned what they'll have for "vets" but I'm sure there will be something.
This is the exact reason I hate that shit. I make my logins the same:

<first name initial><middle name initial><full last name>

I do that for everything but fuck if I want that as a player name. Damned PSN ID is that and when I created the account years ago (before PS3 release) to get a PSP demo, I didnt know this. Had to deal with it cause my primary e-mail was already used and could not make a new account with the same e-mail.

O well im bitching for no real reason. EA can go fuck off with BF3. I won't be buying it.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo