Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

96. Re: Battlefield 3 Will Require Origin Aug 12, 2011, 09:03 Verno

Exactly like steam, it comes up with the store tab first by default, but that can be changed in the settings. If anything it's less ad heavy, there's no equivalent of the "steam news" ad popup.

Actually he's referring to window popups when you launch a game, I've seen it happen as well. I was able to disable in the Origin settings however and by the way, the Steam news ad thing can disabled in options too.

And anyone else here screaming "I wont buy your stuffs EA!" Is a fuckin liar too.
You'll do whatever they tell you to do in order to play your shiny new BF3 and you'll like it. Stop lying to yourself.

This is kind of a dumb comment for many reasons but just a few: the Battlefield franchise is certainly popular but it doesn't enjoy the kind of assured success that Call of Duty does. I love Battlefield games but several instances of bad news related to this game has me rethinking buying it at all. There are a ton of good games out this year and 2 other major FPS games that I know of so I'm not really beholden to play this or something.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo