Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

100. Re: No Battlefield 3 on Steam Aug 6, 2011, 23:15 jacobvandy

nin wrote on Aug 6, 2011, 22:13:

The $5 sale on Origin is through Tuesday, August 9th, and yes it appears to be only for North America.

And it's all old stuff. Nothing to be excited about. Sims 2 and Spore? No thanks.

This is interesting...I haven't heard many people complain about Portal 2 being a low quality game. Since I haven't played it yet...I'm curious as to how this is the case.

Portal 2 felt like a step backwards. I was very disappointed with it, and you don't hear anyone talk about it anymore. Looking at Steams stats, more people are playing Gary's mod today than Portal 2.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

7,434 Garry's Mod
2,920 Portal 2

Portal 2 was great, but it's not very high on replayability. The only games that stay in at the top of the Steam stats beyond their first one or two weeks are multiplayer games, sandbox games, etc., of which Garry's Mod is both. Not that being the #20 top-played game on Steam is a bad thing to begin with. And we don't even know how many unique players that is, but if I had to guess, I'd say there is a much smaller, if dedicated, player base for Garry's Mod in total..

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo