Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

41. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 3, 2011, 00:24 Sepharo

Teddy wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 23:55:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 18:47:
The only gun I use in BC2 (and BC2:V) is the M1 Garand. It's neat because I can use it with any class but I'm mostly engineer.

So in a roundabout way I'm playing the same build I played in 1942.

Engie with M1, bazooka, and repair.

It has the same stats in BC2 and BC2:V except a little bit faster.

See now, that's the exact reason why I haven't used the garand. Used it plenty in BF1942. It'd just feel weird to me to use it in modern game, particularly one that has tons of new weapons.

Newer doesn't necessarily mean better ya know

I don't need a scope to shoot a pixel on the screen. The M1 gives me the right power, accuracy, and range to dominate mid, hold my own close, and do decently even at sniper distances. If the guy runs up close its rate of fire lets me quickly hit them about 3 or 4 times and that's going to bring them down with the dmg+ (other perk is usually speed).

Bazooka the tanks and repair your teammates, hop in a chopper or drone every now and then, and I'm more often than not on top of the scoreboard in pub.

Not going to play in the alpha for BF3, I'll wait until a few days into release probably so the server browser might be more stable.

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 2011, 00:29.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo