Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

18. Re: Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access Aug 2, 2011, 23:53 eunichron

entr0py wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 23:43:
eunichron wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 23:28:
Rattlehead wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 20:14:
Been playing the alpha, great fun and runs on my laptop smoothly.
The alpha was supposedly only running DX9 and locked at low settings (or at least settings lower than maximum). My only complaint with the graphics was that they were kind of bland, hopefully that changes with DX11 and higher settings, but even at DX9 it looked pretty damn good.

I don't think that's true. They're not making a DX9 version at all, why would they create one just for testing? The few people running XP who got invites were bitching on the forums about it not working for them.

Besides, it seemed like DX10+ effects were a core part of gameplay. Like the blurring from suppression or the blinding glare from sniper scopes and laser sights. I don't think DX9 could force the sort of effects I saw. And if you could turn them off that would be a cheat.

Yes, of course, DX10, that's what I meant to say Goofy . I know the PC engine is DX11 base with some compatibility for DX10, but the point remains, it will/should look significantly better in beta/release, and probably be a bit more of a hog.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo