Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

30. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 2, 2011, 11:48 Teddy

InBlack wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 09:48:
I put a lot of hours into shooters in my life (probably more than any other game) ever since Doom2 so I resent that Mr. Batman.

Have you played CoD4:MW? Until you get some of the goodies that are only available after a good deal of playing (especially the scopes) YOU WILL get your ass handed right back to you regardless of skill.

CoD's (MW anyways) unlock system and BF's unlock systems are two very different things though. MW's requires you to get a certain number of headshots if I recall correctly, and then subsequent scopes you have to do the same only using one of the scopes you've already unlocked to do the same thing...

BC2's was purely based on points. Score points, however you choose to do it. Heal people, revive people, deliver ammo, capture objectives, stand around and shoot people... whatever it is that you enjoy doing that gives you points will eventually unlock every scope for your chosen class.

It's changed a little bit in BF3, but not in any way that's going to have people tearing their hair out. Just play the game the way you enjoy playing and you'll get them sooner or later.

If there are people out there that can't enjoy a game until they have the "most powerful" weapon and the highest level scope and every other whatnot unlocked, then I question why you're even playing the game. Everything is there for you right from the start to enjoy, the objective based nature of the game, the team work, huge maps, a wide choice of weapons and vehicles that let you play the game in whatever manner you feel like.

The game is about the process. Doing that which helps your team win. Not about the little rewards that pop up along the way.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo