Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

28. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 2, 2011, 11:06 bhcompy

Teddy wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 04:12:
OldScho0l wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 02:10:
@Teddy
It has always been an option in BC2. It's considered a casual feature where as Hardcore servers have it disabled. 2D spotting is enabled via the map, but Hardcore doesn't have the mini map and you have to actually open your map to see the 2D spots. I only play on Hardcore mode in BC2 because I hate the 3D spotting and insane damage a player can take in casual mode. The Alpha was casual mode.

I had a total blast playing BF3! Now I'm wishing that prone could be added into BC2.

Only ever tried normal mode in BC2 once. As soon as I saw how many rounds it took from an LMG to kill someone, I logged off and went to hardcore, so I don't think I ever saw the 3d spotting in that game.

That said, I didn't find the damage model far off from Hardcore BC2 to the alpha for BF3. People died plenty fast in it, giving or recieving. The spotting was just silly when you could spam Q and have little arrows pointing out people you'd never have seen.

I get the intent of it, and sure it helps with teamwork, but it's far from balanced. It really needs to have a cooldown on the use of it, and have the range it will spot people limited so that they have to be closer to the crosshair for it to work. This "everything in the scope" stuff should be restricted to recon who have the spotting mod.

LMG whores are the worst whores. Seriously, die in a newb fire

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo