Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

23. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 2, 2011, 05:10 entr0py

Teddy wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 04:15:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 03:47:
InBlack wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 03:43:
So....this game sounds more and more like an MMO....Will we have to grind to unlock the AK-47?

Probably not the AK, but yes I'm sure there will be lots of grinding to be had to unlock weapons.

I suppose if you define playing the game normally as "grinding" then yes, there will be plenty of it. It's far from an MMO's sitting in the same spot killing the same mobs a thousand times over. Just play the game in whatever manner you enjoy most and things useful to you will unlock.

Yeah, if you go back to battlefield 2, you had your standard loadout which changed by faction and class, plus exactly 2 unlocks per class.
http://wiki.bf2s.com/classes/battlefield-2/assault

Now you have a standard loadout that changes by faction and class, plus a dozen unlocks per class, and a handful of vehicle and general purpose unlocks. So there's tons of stuff to experiment with, and countless possible builds. And unlike an MMO that has diminishing returns, you're always unlocking new stuff at a steady clip until you have everything.

Basically, the unlocking process guides you through trying out every weapon and gadget in the game. I've really enjoyed it both in the recent Battlefield games and in the last CoD game. Because I never felt like there was any shortage of new things to try.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo