Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

27. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 12:10 Fion

I expected the persistent online connection after Starcraft 2. Frankly in SC2 there are benefits to it, as well as drawbacks. Benefits being you could easily get into games with your friends, you didn't have to worry (to much) about hackers, etc. Drawbacks of course being the required constant internet connection.

Now my question for D3 'cash' AH is, what is Activision/Blizzards cut in those sales. You know they are only doing this because it'll make them more money. So what percentage of each sale does A/B take? In most MMOGs each sale costs a small amount of coin as a 'money sink' so in this game will it be the same .1% of the sale goes to Blizzard or will it be more.

Oh and on the subject of state taxes for this auction house, there aren't any laws that allow them to tax virtual goods yet is there? Since the 'items' being exchanged have no real world counterparts I'm pretty sure they cannot be taxed.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo