Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

22. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 29, 2011, 17:58 Bodolza

Beamer wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 13:28:
What I meant by "3D-ready" is that Mistubishi makes TVs that CAN do 3D but need a separate hardware purchase to do so. The screens can do it but the TV can't process it (or so I assume.)

This is only true of TVs made a couple of years ago or more which were built before the current 3D standards were finished. They handle 3D just fine, but it has to be in a different format. Most DLP and some older 3D plasmas required checkerboard input, which generally meant the signal needed to come from a PC, except for a few exceptions like the Avatar game that supported checkerboard natively on consoles. There are also some blu-ray players that will output in checkerboard.

All the external box does is convert the frame-packed or side-by-side content to checkerboard. More recent models have the converter built in, so no external box is needed.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo