Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

43. Re: From Dust DRM Also Always On? Jul 28, 2011, 19:18 SAM ROGERS

Prez wrote on Jul 28, 2011, 00:23:
TurdFergasun wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 23:09:
so you support the bullshit with your money, then crack it? glad to see you're a man of principles working towards something better, as long as you're getting what you want out of the deal who gives a shit right?

Hey Mr. High Horse, some of us don't give a shit when it comes to "working towards something better", whatever in the hell that may mean, when it comes to gaming. I know this might sound crazy, but sometimes we want to game without going on some holier-than-thou moralistic crusade. If you want to, then more power to you, but I'll save the crusading and moralizing for more critical endeavors, thanks.

Long time lurker (and gamer) - this comment resonated so closely with my own point of view, I had to create and account and big up the Prez.

Bottom line (however naive/simplistic others may think this view may be) for me is - "Is this game fun?". If DRM is the only thing that impacts the "fun" then the developer (or more likely, publisher) fucked up and I might well go the route of paying for a product but resorting to cracks/hacks to workaround the roadblock.

That said, I love the debates we get on Blue's on issues such as these and they are a welcome distraction during the day job (software dev for one of the biggies - unfortunately not gaming related...).

Reading this back, I haven't really contributed here, but now I've introduced myself in a fashion, perhaps I'll pipe up some more in future discussions...

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo