Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

33. Re: From Dust DRM Also Always On? Jul 28, 2011, 13:17 ASeven

Prez wrote on Jul 28, 2011, 10:52:

So because I don't prescribe to your specific set of ideals, I therefore must enjoy "getting fucked in the ass" by Ubisoft? Oh and on top of that, you extrapolated that I'm a drooling retard that wants shiny things and has no power to reason beyond that. Alrighty then... And you're still going to insist that you aren't too emotionally invested in this? Rolleyes

Here's a hypothetical question then:

Ubisoft doesn't care about who voices their concerns and objections to the drm, their only concern is hard sales numbers, pretty much like any other corporation. Since nothing exists to really prevent them from going to more extremes in the drm, their sales numbers is enough to justify making a new drm, hypothetically speaking of course, that would require to take a DNA sample from you each minute to confirm you're playing the game. This may not be legal but most of any eula is also on shaky legal ground in the eu and the us, so unless someone complained they would probably get away with it, like they do with this drm and eulas. Would you buy a game then?

Granted that this example is a hell of a ridiculous stretch but look around you and watch the practice of many consumer-unfriendly corporations and it's easy to see that if ubi can get away with anything, as long people keep buying their products they will get away, fucking both the buyers of the games and the ones who refused to buy.

In most instances where consumers sent a loud message to a corporation, signaling they wouldn't tolerate their shenanigans any further, they often made the "sacrifice" of not buying a product lest the corporation escalated their anti-consumer practices. And most of the times, this happened in fields that are considered hobbies to many.

Simply enough, if we don't take a stand by voting with our wallets now, regardless of the games being cracked or not, then we can expect the drm to be adopted by more publshers and getting worse and worse. I won't compromise my hobby for that. And since I belong to some consumer organizations you can bet this is something that makes me emotionally involved.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo