Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

56. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 17:19 PropheT

Kajetan wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 14:54:
Anyway, connecting software with DRM to an account has only disadvantages for the customer. There is no benefit in this. When i buy a copy from GOG.com, i "own" that copy because i can do with this copy whatever i want. I can give to friends, i can play it on any computer without hassling with a client and/or internet connection.

Btw. i have about 40 games in my Steam list. It's not that i do not like Steam. But all for less than a few dollars and all with patched game files to make sure i can play my games anytime i want.

I can log in to Steam at home, buy what I want, and then log in on my laptop and install the same game there if I want. No messing around, no DVD's to copy an ISO, simple. If I ever delete it, have a hardware failure, get a new system or whatever, I can just log in to my account and redownload it wherever I want. How is that not a benefit?

And you don't need patched game files to play your games anytime you want. There's an offline mode in Steam.

Besides that, how many use systems with no internet connection for gaming on a regular basis?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo