Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

2. Re: EA Financials Jul 26, 2011, 21:59 Dev

My heart bleeds for EA. Poor babies lost $123 million, almost twice as much as this quarter previous year.

From TFA:
Wedbush analyst Michael Pachter
WTF is a wedbush analyst?
Edit: nm, its the name of the company he works for.

Link to actual EA quarterly info:
http://investor.ea.com/results.cfm

The GAAP info shows that EA had $221 million profit instead of a loss, wonder why the huge difference.

Also the digital sales amount is almost half of total sales if you use non-GAAP numbers, and almost a quarter of total sales if you use GAAP numbers.
I'd been figuring that digital sales made up something like half of PC sales, and those figures are good indicators for that.

EA cites 2 million portal 2 sales, which are going to be boxed only sales (valve uses EA for publishing retail boxed versions), which is very interesting to me.
Just recently Gabe reported 3 million sales. So if EA handles all boxed retail sales, that means that portal 2 sold about 1 million digital steam PC sales.
Link

This comment was edited on Jul 27, 2011, 05:27.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo