Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

12. Re: Zeboyd's PC Sales Soar Jul 20, 2011, 13:30 Satoru

Tumbler wrote on Jul 20, 2011, 12:30:
And there is no demo on the steam version of the game...I downloaded the trial on the live indie marketplace and I am probably not going to go back and play it...this is one area steam is pathetic in. They have locked down content yet no way to try it in most cases. You can download a separate demo in some cases but you'd need to come back and download the full game after purchasing it if you wanted it.

The architecture of Steam vs Xbox360 doesn't make 'full demos' possible I would think as a drop in API possiblity. Because the x360 is locked down and hasn't been compromised in terms of security, it allows them a lot of freedom to provide some kind of timed demo.

On Steam this pretty much is not possible. Steam games are already cracked once the game becomes unlocked. Thus there is no real value add to providing this service, since almost no one would use it due to the lack of confidence that it would stay 'locked'. OnLive has this feature but that's because they control the content on their end.

And just an FYI some games on Steam do have demo 'upgrades'. Audiosurf I downloaded the demo during the sale, then when I bought it, it downloaded almost nothing to unlock the game.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo