Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

4. Re: What bugs me... Jul 20, 2011, 11:44 kanniballl

MajorD wrote on Jul 20, 2011, 11:35:
kanniballl wrote on Jul 20, 2011, 11:17:
What bugs me about the whole moon landing "hoax" nonsense is how stubborn the hoax-believers are.

All things eventually come out in the wash, and if this was a hoax, it would have come out by now.

I am a firm believer we did land on the moon, for many reasons that I don't have time to list here, but this country is so different now, I wonder if we could do it today. I say that because it seems that most people in this country seem to be so blasť about NASA and its projects and accomplishments these days. The excitement, patriotism, and support just wouldn't be there like it was back then. That is my opinion of course.....

What's sad is that people I've talked to go on about how NASA with its incredibly huge budget is putting a strain on our economy... how it's causing people to go hungry... money would be better spent elsewhere,... etc.

Meanwhile NASA's budget has been really small for the last couple of decades... under 1%.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budget_of_NASA

I guess that's just the perception people have: that we're spending "quadrillions" of dollars a year to perform high school science experiments and getting nothing out of it.

It's a shame that's how it was perceived; that unless there's an immediate "right now" that something is worthless.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo