Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

8. Re: Quoteworthy - Ubisoft on PC Ghost Recon Jul 18, 2011, 12:32 Parias

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 18, 2011, 11:47:
wtf_man wrote on Jul 18, 2011, 10:11:
Darks wrote on Jul 18, 2011, 10:08:
I got a chance to check out Ghost Recon Online while at E3. All I can say is stay away from this utter crap of a game. Its nothing but run around and kill each other. No story at all. The Graphics were very bland and dated.

Uhh... not that I disagree, nor would I even consider purchasing this game... but WTF else are you supposed to do in a shooter?

Dude, l34Rn 2 r33d, he said "no story at all" so obviously he wants to at least have a pseudo-purpose for the running around and killing each other part. Besides, since this is Ghost Recon we are talking about here and not Serious Sam, it does seem like a reasonable expectation. The GR games did have pretty decent story-telling mechanics for a shooter series.

Exactly - and it's not like a decent plot-driven mechanic is utterly and completely unprecedented in the FPS genre. I enjoyed Serious Sam on it's own merits for example, but I got a hell of a lot more pleasure out of playing, say, Half-Life 2 for all the effort they put into the plot-advancing scripted sequences and back-story.

Similarly I'm expecting // hoping the new Ghost Recon release will have at least something of an interesting storyline to it.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo